EXCITE Watertown - A networking and development group for Watertown’s developing professionals
Our Mission Engage and retain Watertown’s developing leaders through personal & professional development opportunities
Through Networking, Outreach, and Personal & Professional Development activities we will connect professionals to civic and business leaders, and to the community of Watertown and the unique opportunities it offers. We will support the leadership pipeline of our local businesses and industry by facilitating the growth, development, and retention of our local professional workforce.
We want to offer Watertown’s emerging leaders a way to thrive in our community by providing an inclusive culture where they can advance their own professional and personal development while making Watertown a better, stronger community. We will provide emerging professionals a collective voice and offer our community a captive audience of professionals willing to engage in a variety of opportunities and information.
What We Do
We host one to two activities per month focused on Outreach, Networking, or Personal & Professional Development, including:
- Outreach: Volunteering/advocating for local non-profits, “Welcome to Watertown”, Thursday Night Live, Cookin’ On Kampeska
- Networking: Lunch & Learns, social hours, events highlighting Watertown attractions
- Personal & Professional Development: business tours, a seat at the table with local leaders, financial planning, career planning, leadership training
Why Join EXCITE Watertown
- Social activities to promote personal and professional networking
- Community service opportunities
- Professional development workshops
2019-2020 EXCITE Leadership
Katherine Danforth, Watertown Convention & Visitors Bureau - Chair
Geri Timm, Watertown Area Chamber of Commerce - Vice Chair / Treasurer
Anjelica Uthe, Watertown Event Center - Secretary
Missy Sinner, The Goss Opera House - Public Relations
Kristen Henderson, Midwest Ag & Veterinary Service
Phillip Matthews / Shareen Brazil, - Phillip Matthews State Farm
Dustin Sinner / Allison Stadheim, ML Portrait Studio
Kristin Hill, Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc.
Liam Culhane, Turbak Law Office
Martin Peterson, Minnwest Bank